As a travel and tourist destination Northern Evia is the ideal proposal for all those who seek relaxation, pleasure, fun and entertainment during theit holiday or excursions. It is combination of natural landscape, wonderful beaches, spiritual tradition, culture, infrastructure, friendly and hospitable people. Its many advantages can be outlined as follows:
- In Northern Evia you can admire and enjoy the magnificent natural landscape which is a combination of lush green pine forests, gorgeous picturesque traditional mountainous villages, hiking trails, waterfalls and limpid waters as well as incredible sandy beaches, fishing reserves (in Pefki, in Vasilika, in Oreoi, in Agios Georgios Lichada), water sports of all kinds, cruises to neighbouring destinations (Skiathos, Skopelos, Alonnisos, Trikeri), delicious local cuisine, traditional dishes and a rich cultural life. The Lichadonisia islands, known as “the Seychelles of Greece”, Ellinika with the picturesque island of Agios Nikolaos and all the villages from Vasilika as far as Gialtra and Lichada are places of incomporable beauty.
- In Aidipsos Baths there is one of the most renowned hot spring center in the world. There are more than eighty medical hot springs, called “Irakleous Therma”, welling up from a depth of 3000 m. which not only offer an amazing and unique spectacle but also have medically proven therapeutic qualities.
- In the wider area of the municipalities of Istiaia-Aidipsos there are destinations of cultural – environmental – spiritual and religious interest.
- Among the archaeological monuments are the Bull of Oreoi, the remains of the town’s castle and Artemision which hosts the temple of “Prosinoa Artemida” and is going to be excavated
- The monuments of contemporary history include the Tower in Gouves which belonged to the poet G. Drosinis and has a long history, the forts built by I.Metaxas during the greek-german war in 1941 also on the beach in Gouves, an amazing neoclassical buidling in Asminio, a folklore museum in Agio and in Istiaia and several chapels dating back to the Byzantine period.
- The area of Mikro and Megalo Livari in Istiaia is integrated in the Natura network and it is quite interesting for its flora and fauna.
- Apart from the churches and the chapels in our area there are also a lot of monasteries which can undoubtedly satisfy all religious tourists. The monastery of St.George (Ai Giorgi) in Ilia, the temple of St.Irene Chrisovalanto, St. David’s monastery in Prokopi and that of Panagia Dinious inside a planetree forest in N.Sinasso.
Our place will charm you! Make it part of your plans any time of the year and you will not regret it! We are waiting to offer you our warm hospitality!